Replenish 360 Infusions: NAD+ (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide)
"Replenishing your mind and body, restoring you to your best self, and improving your health and everyday performance."
Replenish 360 (R360) is among Southern California’s best and frontrunner in individual and/or group intravenous and oral fluid hydration therapy including administration of vitamin, amino acid, antioxidant, antiemetic, anti-inflammatory, anti-heartburn, and analgesic treatments in addition to other supplementary wellness services such as nutrition, personal training, massage therapy, esthetician and cleansing amenities, acupuncture, and behavioral therapy.
In-house infusions are available only at our in-facility and off-site posts near you Year-round and Every Day, including most Holidays.
NAD+ (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide) Health Benefits
Now Offered at Replenish 360!
NAD+ (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide), which is also known as BR+ or Brain Restoration Therapy, is a comprehensive, extensive and global nutritional supplementation and mineral treatment. Generally, NAD+ is administered intravenously over a 1-to-10-day period. As it may be with any wellness and preventive services, the desired effect, amelioration, or relief of any condition for which NAD+ is to be applied may or may not be attained and, moreover, NAD+ does not obviate the need for other forms of therapy.
Indications and the Research Behind NAD+ Supplementation:
There are two forms of the coenzyme NAD are NAD+ and NADH. NAD+ supports half of all biological processes and a low NAD+ is associated with age-related physical disability and disease. (Poston M.D., Leann. 2022, December 20; Johnson S, Imai SI. 2018)
The NAD+ salvage pathway using NAD+ precursors is the chief method NAD+ is supplemented. The two forms of water-soluble vitamin B3 – both nicotinamide riboside (NR) and nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) – have been studied as supplements to treat disease in humans. Research suggests that either NR or NMN supplementation could increase cellular NAD+ levels in a dose-dependent manner. (Custodero C, Saini SK, Shin MJ, et al. Nicotinamide riboside—A missing piece in the puzzle of exercise therapy for older adults? 2020; Trammell SAJ, Schmidt MS, Weidemann BJ, et al. Nicotinamide riboside is uniquely and orally bioavailable in mice and humans. 2016/10/10; Hong W, Mo F, Zhang Z, Huang M, Wei X. Nicotinamide Mononucleotide: A Promising Molecule for Therapy of Diverse Diseases by Targeting NAD+ Metabolism. 2020-April-28.)
There are a myriad number of clinical trials investigating the function of NAD+ in thwarting and alleviating disease. In fact, if a quick search is conducted on ClinicalTrials.gov, there are over 1,000 clinicals trials that pertains to the potential health benefits with NAD+ supplementation. (Poston M.D., Leann. 2022, December 20).
NAD+ depletion has been discovered in numerous neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease, cardiovascular disease, and muscle atrophy (Fang EF, Lautrup S, Hou Y, et al. NAD(+) in Aging: Molecular Mechanisms and Translational Implications. 2017.).
NAD+ deficiency has also been observed in the skin, muscle, and brain tissue. (Zapata-Pérez R, Wanders RJA, van Karnebeek CDM, Houtkooper RH. 2021.)
NAD+ supplementation may even essentially recuperate and salvage energy metabolism and insulin sensitivity, as well as defend and safeguard against neurodegeneration and improve cognitive function. (Braidy N, Liu Y. Can nicotinamide riboside protect against cognitive impairment? Nov 2020; Yoshino M, Yoshino J, Kayser BD, et al. Nicotinamide mononucleotide increases muscle insulin sensitivity in prediabetic women, 2021).
Specifically, there may be benefits in the following health illnesses and conditions from NMN supplementation:
- Neurological Diseases
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Age-related cognitive impairment and cognitive decline
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart failure
- Blood vessel disease
- Muscular Atrophy
- Endocrine Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Ocular Disease
- Psychiatric Disease
How does NAD+ help and support the aforementioned diseases and conditions? It may lend its healing powers as illustrated in the research that NMN supplementation improves physical activity, energy expenditure, and neuronal (brain cell) function via a dose-dependent fashion by augmenting NAD+ and SIRT signaling. (Mills KF, Yoshida S, Stein LR, et al. Long-Term Administration of Nicotinamide Mononucleotide Mitigates Age-Associated Physiological Decline in Mice. 2016). In general, exercise promotes a positive effect in one’s health and body as it increases aerobic capacity, cardiovascular health, metabolic health, and physical function which, in fact, may be related to NAD+ or sirtuin-related processes. The reason for this is that exercise may increase expression of the nicotinamide phosphoribosyl transferase (NAMPT), which is the rate-limiting enzyme in the NAD+ salvage pathway in addition to the NAD+ levels and sirtuin activity. (De Guia RM, Agerholm M, Nielsen TS, et al. Aerobic and resistance exercise training reverses age-dependent decline in NAD+ salvage capacity in human skeletal muscle. 2019; Lamb DA, Moore JH, Mesquita PHC, et al. Resistance training increases muscle NAD+ and NADH concentrations as well as NAMPT protein levels and global sirtuin activity in middle-aged, overweight, untrained individuals. 2020).
Studies from Lamb et al. (2020) have found that there was an encouraging outcome when comparing NAD+ levels in the two groups in middle age and college adults being compared after resistance training in that exercise (1) amplified hypertrophy of muscles and improved strength the strength of the participants; (2) stoutly augmented the concentrations of muscle NAD+ and NADH; (3) moderately (but considerably) boosted the activities of NAMPT protein levels and global SIRT; (4) and inferring biogenesis of mitochondria through a strong increase in citrate synthase activity levels. (Lamb DA, Moore JH, Mesquita PHC, et al. Resistance training increases muscle NAD+ and NADH concentrations as well as NAMPT protein levels and global sirtuin activity in middle-aged, overweight, untrained individuals. 2020).
In relation to aerobic capacity, a study compared middle-aged and young recreationally trained runners supplementing with numerous doses NMN, which included the low dosage cohorts (300 mg/day NMN); the medium dosage cohorts (600 mg/day NMN); the high dosage group (1,200 mg/day NMN) and the control cohorts (placebo). Again, there was a strong suggestion that NMN heightened the aerobic capacity of all groups supplementing with NMN in a dose-dependent fashion due to the enhanced oxygen utilization.
Price and Dosage:
- The amount of NAD+ that is infused will truly depend on the specific wellness and preventative treatment being used and the individual needs and outcome desired.
- The typical dosage of NAD+ used in clinical studies ranges from 100 mg to 300 mg and up to 1,000 mg per day, given as one or more infusions as needed or over a period of several days and consecutive weeks with a maintenance dose therapy per month at Replenish 360.
- NAD+ - 100 mg: $180
- NAD+ - 200 mg: $360
- NAD+ - 300 mg: $540
- NAD+ 400 mg: $720
- NAD+ 500 mg: $900
- NAD+ 600 mg: $1,080
- NAD+ 700 mg: $1,260
- NAD+ 800 mg: $1,440
- NAD+ 900 mg: $1,620
- NAD+ 1,000 mg: $1,800
- Vital Signs Check
- Medical Questionnaire
- Full Sized IV Bag of R360 Signature Hydration, 1000 ml
- 1000 ml of IV Hydration (Sodium Chloride 0.9% Normal Saline or Lactated Ringers)
- Half Sized IV Bag of R360 Signature Hydration, 500 ml
- 500 ml of IV Hydration (Sodium Chloride 0.9% Normal Saline or Lactated Ringers)
- The duration of NAD+ that is infused will truly depend on the specific wellness and preventative treatment being used and the individual needs and outcome desired.
- The infusion duration may be at least 1-2 hours as tolerated for the low dose treatment, about 2-4 or more hours for the moderate dose treatment and about 4-6 or more hours for the high dose treatment.
- How long do NAD+ infusions typically and generally take?
- 250mg ==> 1.5 - 2 hours
- 500mg ==> 3.5 - 4 hours
- 750mg ==> 6+ hours
- 1000mg ==> 8+ hours
- The experience for everyone is different and you may be able to tolerate a quicker infusion rate or may need to slow it down and/or reduce the dosage.
Intravenous (IV) or Subcutaneous (SQ) Route:
- In general, NAD+ is administered through intravenous (IV) infusions, in which the NAD+ is injected into a vein using a needle.
- Once the IV is inserted, IV fluids and the desired and recommended NAD+ may be provided either with Sodium Chloride 0.9% Normal Saline or Lactated Ringers.
- You will be comfortable with the convenience of being infused NAD+ at a pleasant rate per the client's tolerance and our capable and competent team of staff will titrate as tolerated.
- Titrate as tolerated
- Subcutaneous (SQ) injection, which is the injection of a substance just under the skin, is an alternative method of administering NAD+.
- Subcutaneous NAD+ injections require a prescription.
- The injections are self-administered and are similar to insulin injections.
- What are the side effects?
- Chest tightness / pressure
- Abdominal cramping
- Feeling flush
- Increased heart rate and respiratory rate
- These are common side effects our patients experience, but slowing down the infusion rate will decrease or eliminate them completely.
- What are the contraindications to NAD+?
- Allergies to NAD+ (IV and Oral)
Session/Appointment/Service Mandatory Prerequisites:
- Before seeking our personalized and specialized IV Hydration Therapy and Other Wellness Services by Replenish 360, we ask that you need to talk and see your primary care physician, specialists, and/or licensed medical provider for any chronic and acute medical illness(es) requiring clinical and comprehensive evaluations by a qualified healthcare provider(s) before you proceed with our complementary and supplementary IV hydration Therapy and other wellness services.
- We advise that you please call 911 or go to the nearest urgent care and emergency department for any medical and clinical issues that may cause harm, debilitation, disability, and even death if not treated or managed correctly with medical intervention.
- Replenish 360 is always dedicated to give caution to our guests and clients about their overall health and well-being by offering safety measures in order to anticipate such situations explained above.
- A thorough and comprehensive medical and clinical history is obtained by our Replenish 360 team, staff, and medical providers, which includes acquiring a possible history of present illness, known drug allergies, prescription and non-prescription medications use and history, past medical history, family history, social history, and other relevant medical and clinical histories that are contraindicated with continuing any of our treatments, therapies, procedures, sessions, programs, and other wellness services.
- Our dear and valued guests, clients, and customers must sign an informed consent and liability waiver, “Replenish 360 Intravenous Therapy Consent & Client Agreement/Client Representations, Warranties, & Disclaimer Agreement,” that fully states the terms and conditions of receiving any of our Replenish 360’s services in addition to understanding the possible benefits, consequences, and risks before, during, and after any of our treatments, therapies, procedures, sessions, programs, and other wellness services.
- It is also important to note that specialists and experts in NAD+ research have not explicitly illustrated how each of the NAD precursors affect each cell type in the body since the pathway to make NAD+ differs significantly in various cells in the human body. In essence, this statement does not provide certainty and confidence in determining an effective dose or recommended treatment length.
- Although NAD is still being considered as a conceivable management for various health conditions, and it is not yet approved by regulatory agencies such as the US Foods and Drug Administration (FDA) for use as an actual treatment. Consequently, it is important to consult with your primary care physician (PCP), healthcare specialists or other qualified healthcare professional before considering NAD therapy.
- Whereas Replenish 360 and its IV Hydration Therapy and Wellness Services attempt to continuously provide accurate, up-to-date, and safe advice, it’s imperative to emphasis that the content provided is merely informational and it does not constitute medical advice; meaning these content and services are not an auxiliary and alternative to medical advice from one’s doctor or healthcare provider. You should always consult a practicing professional who can diagnose your specific case.
- Individual Services
- Group Services available for purchase of at least 1 individual sessions of IV Hydration Therapy
- Register early because in-facility sessions, appointments, and services fill-up quickly
- Enrollment is limited
- Session, appointment, and service scheduling is subject to change without notice
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
- Feel free to view our website for more information: https://www.yourcprmd.com/replenish360/
- Braidy N, Liu Y. Can nicotinamide riboside protect against cognitive impairment? Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. Nov 2020;23(6):413-420. doi:10.1097/mco.0000000000000691
- Custodero C, Saini SK, Shin MJ, et al. Nicotinamide riboside—A missing piece in the puzzle of exercise therapy for older adults? Experimental Gerontology. 2020/08/01/ 2020;137:110972. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.exger.2020.110972
- De Guia RM, Agerholm M, Nielsen TS, et al. Aerobic and resistance exercise training reverses age-dependent decline in NAD+ salvage capacity in human
- Fang EF, Lautrup S, Hou Y, et al. NAD(+) in Aging: Molecular Mechanisms and Translational Implications. Trends Mol Med. Oct 2017;23(10):899-916. doi:10.1016/j.molmed.2017.08.001
- Hong W, Mo F, Zhang Z, Huang M, Wei X. Nicotinamide Mononucleotide: A Promising Molecule for Therapy of Diverse Diseases by Targeting NAD+ Metabolism. Review. Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology. 2020-April-28 2020;8doi:10.3389/fcell.2020.00246
- Johnson S, Imai SI. NAD (+) biosynthesis, aging, and disease. F1000Res. 2018;7:132. doi:10.12688/f1000research.12120.1
- Lamb DA, Moore JH, Mesquita PHC, et al. Resistance training increases muscle NAD+ and NADH concentrations as well as NAMPT protein levels and global sirtuin activity in middle-aged, overweight, untrained individuals. Aging. 2020;12(10):9447-9460. doi:10.18632/aging.103218
- Liao B, Zhao Y, Wang D, Zhang X, Hao X, Hu M. Nicotinamide mononucleotide supplementation enhances aerobic capacity in amateur runners: a randomized, double-blind study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. Jul 8 2021;18(1):54. doi:10.1186/s12970-021-00442-4
- Mills KF, Yoshida S, Stein LR, et al. Long-Term Administration of Nicotinamide Mononucleotide Mitigates Age-Associated Physiological Decline in Mice. Cell Metabolism. 2016;24(6):795-806. doi:10.1016/j.cmet.2016.09.013
- Poston M.D., Leann (2022, December 20). The Proper NAD+ Injection Dosage. Invigor Medical. https://www.invigormedical.com/anti-aging/the-proper-nad-injection-dosage/
- Trammell SAJ, Schmidt MS, Weidemann BJ, et al. Nicotinamide riboside is uniquely and orally bioavailable in mice and humans. Nature Communications. 2016/10/10 2016;7(1):12948. doi:10.1038/ncomms12948
- Yoshino M, Yoshino J, Kayser BD, et al. Nicotinamide mononucleotide increases muscle insulin sensitivity in prediabetic women. Science. 2021;372(6547):1224-1229. doi:10.1126/science.abe9985
- Zapata-Pérez R, Wanders RJA, van Karnebeek CDM, Houtkooper RH. NAD+ homeostasis in human health and disease. https://doi.org/10.15252/emmm.202113943. EMBO Molecular Medicine. 2021/07/07 2021;13(7):e13943. doi:https://doi.org/10.15252/emmm.202113943